Are you an employer?
Did you know that since 4th March 2019 you are obliged to give a statement of ‘core terms’ to the employee within 5 days of her commencing employment?
This is known as the ‘5 day statement’ and is pursuant to section 7 of the Employment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2018 and the Terms of Employment (Information) act ,1994 and 2001.
The statement must contain the following particulars:
- The names of the employer and employee
- The address of the employer
- The duration of the contract
- The rate or method of calculation of pay/remuneration and the pay reference period for the purposes of the National Minimum Wage Act 2000
- The number of hours the employee will be expected to work per normal day and per week
- Any applicable employment regulation order or sectoral employment order