Are you an employer? Do you work in human resources?
I have written quite a lot of articles/blog posts on this site about employment law in Ireland.
The questions I receive from employers and people charged with the HR function in an organisation are completely different from those I receive from employees.
Much of the information on this site will be useful for both employers and employees. For example the extensive articles on unfair dismissal, redundancy, health and safety, and the contract of employment.
But on this page I want to focus on articles and blog posts that focus on the specific issues that employers and hr people contact me about. I hope you find them useful.
- How to carry out a non collective redundancy
- How Employers Can Deal With the Problem Employee (and Avoid Costly Employment Law Claims)
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Ireland-the Essentials
- How Safe Are You From Making This Costly Mistake?
- A Warning Employment Law Story for Employers
- My Single Best Tip for Employers
- How Safe is Your Workplace Investigation From a Costly Outcome?
- Employers’ Liability in Negligence Claims-the Essentials
- How to Deal With Fraud in the Workplace from an Employment Law Perspective
- How to Legally Dismiss an Employee
- Using CCTV and Data Protection-the Facts You Should Know
- Suspending an Employee on Pay Pending an Investigation-Vital Lessons from the High Court
- Inappropriate Use of Social Media By Employees-What Employers Should Know
- How Safe Are Your Social Media Contacts from a Departing Employee?
- How to Deal With Bullying in the Workplace
- Free Report: “9 Simple Money Saving Tips for Irish Employers”
- The Working Time Records All Irish Employers Must Keep
- Employers: Here’s the 1 Thing You Need to Get Right for Your Employees
- Suspected Gross Misconduct-2 Vital Points About Suspending the Employee
- Fair Procedures in Dismissing an Employee -the 6 Steps You Need to Know
- How Safe is Your Business From This Simple Mistake?
- Tendering for Contracts and TUPE Regulations-Some Key Issues to Consider
- The 2 Essential Parts of an Effective Discharge Form-Is Your Waiver Really Effective?
- How to Manage Sickness Related Absence in Your Workplace, and Reduce Costly and Time Sucking Claims
- A Step by Step Disciplinary Procedure-From Verbal Warning to Dismissal
- Avoid This Costly Mistake in Your Employment Settlement Agreement
- How to Deal with Employees On Long Term Sick Leave-2 Vitally Important Cases
- Staff Handbooks-What Employers Should Know
- 3 Questions Employers Should Ask Before Engaging the Services of HR/Employment Law Service Providers
- Without Prejudice Negotiations Can Be High Risk for Employers if Not Handled Correctly
- How to Draft an Employment Contract-Express Terms That Should Be Included in a Contract of Employment
- Attention Irish Employers-Do You Make These 13 Expensive Mistakes in Your Workplace?
- The Safety Health and Welfare Act 2005-What It Means for Employers
- 7 Simple Steps For Employers to Avoid Costly Employment Law Claims from Employees
- NERA-The National Employment Rights Authority: a Checklist for Employers
- How To Calculate Holiday Entitlements
- Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures-The Facts You Should Know
- Health and Safety Obligations for Irish Employers (Including Non Physical Injuries-Bullying and Stress)
- Do You Make These Mistakes as an Employer in Ireland?
- Sick Leave and Illness Leave in Irish Employment Law-How to Avoid Needless Disputes with Your Employees